24.12.16

CUBA: On Christmas Day 2016

A Special Comment 
        Unafraid of being politically incorrect in the United States of America, on Christmas Eve 2016 I would like to join The Medicc Staff to wish the totally innocent, much maligned children in Cuba a Merry Christmas. MEDICC is the acronym for Medical Education Cooperation With Cuba and it is one of many organizations in the United States that have admirable compassion for everyday Cubans on the island. I have been to Cuba and I remain indelibly impressed how very much, all across the island, the people of Cuba and the Revolutionary government of Cuba care for their children who are, plainly, the revolution's top priority. As a patriotic, democracy-loving U. S. citizen, I am just as indelibly ashamed that...for six decades...a revengeful, thieving and ignominious minority have been permitted to feast on their omnivorous punishment of Cuban children such as the happy, resilient ones depicted above. When a minority in the world's greatest and strongest democracy is allowed to punish children on a nearby island for six decades, the primary culprits, in my opinion, are not the perpetrators themselves but rather the majority of Americans who, decade after decade, permit it to happen due to pure cowardice, ignorance or an egregious lack of patriotism. If this conclusion and sentiment seems off-base or an exaggeration, believe me when I say it is not. All the nations of the world agree with me, based on their current 191-to-0 vote in the United Nations that harshly condemns America's Cuban policy. Of course, the perpetrators of America's Cuban miasma -- a cancerous minority primarily in Miami and the U. S. Congress -- could care less about how much harm and hubris their actions create for the United States and democracy. But, I must say, I remain frustratingly surprised that the majority of American citizens also carelessly don't give a damn either.
The Cuban flag bedecked with Christmas themes.
And so, to the children in Cuba
I want to wish all of you
a Merry Christmas...
and a Happy New Year...
and also say, "I'm sorry."
&*************************&
   

No comments:

cubaninsider: "The Country That Raped Me" (A True Story)

cubaninsider: "The Country That Raped Me" (A True Story) : Note : This particular essay on  Ana Margarita Martinez  was first ...